I was just thinking the other day that I must have missed my mid-life crisis. I looked high and low and couldn’t find it anywhere. Then I suddenly remembered, I was raising kids at just about the time I was supposed to be experiencing a midlife crisis! Then again, juggling twin babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers and now teenagers is a crisis all by itself!
Yes, I’m a late bloomer. Seems to be a pattern I follow. Instead of jetting off to someplace warm to sip exotic drinks, I was volunteering at the school for holiday parties, or making sure my kids had their homework done.
Having approached Motherhood when most folks were shipping their kids off to high school, I felt a little bit behind the curve! But hey, now I’m enjoying the perks of midlife motherhood! My kids keep me in the here and now! I don’t have time to worry about cramming myself into a red hot sports car, or trying to look half my age, my daughter keeps me in check with fashion, or the lack of it. And grey hair, that doesn’t scare me, I’ve always been a blonde anyway!
Here’s a checklist of some Midlife Crisis symptoms if you think you may be having one:
- Wanting to have a simpler life (ha, ha not gonna happen if you have kids!)
- You stop telling people your actual age and start lying.
- Googling every ache or pain you have.
- Flirting around with people half your age!
- Digging out old photos of yourself and longing for a younger you, (unless you grew up in the 80’s and then who would want to repeat those hair styles?!)
- Realizing that more than two drinks guarantees you a spot at the E.R.!!
Let me know if you think of anything else to add to the list, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Crap. So THAT’S what this is!