I can’t help but wonder, having two teenagers in the house, what the rules would be like if they wrote the book for a week. As they complete their first semester as freshman in high school, it looks like we are about to have a house party.
- For starters there would be more laughter in the air. My daughter informs me that teenagers laugh a hell of a lot more than adults do, don’t know where she comes up with her statistical data. It’s probably because they are NOT the parents of teenagers!
- Each and every meal would be eaten out of a bag and closed with a clip.
- Jolly Rancher’s would become a food source.
- Homework would always be done on the floor, with ear buds firmly planted in ears.
- Showers would nearly be eliminated.
- Drive thru’s would replace the kitchen.
- Netflix would be (is) King.
- Communication would only be done through FaceTime.
- Coats would never be worn.
- Starbucks would be a substitute for sleep.
- Bedtime would be a thing of the past.
- A healthy meal would consist of Pizza Rolls, LifeSavers and Chocolate Covered Pretzels, because Mom, it does looks like three food groups to us.
- Final exams would cease to exist.
House rules written for and by the teenagers.
Comments are closed.