Personal Assistant to Dogs and Teens..

What’s Up With The Trivago Guy?

– Posted in: Humor
the trivago guy

My daughter and I Googled The Trivago guy last night because he gets on our nerves every time he’s on. Turns out there’s a ton of stuff out there and we are not the only ones who are mortified by the mere sight of this guy. This is the kind of dude you want to keep your daughter far away from.

What middle-aged guy has a 20″ waistline? And why is his torso so long? I don’t get it.

Not only do his pants not fit, but he’s not even close to being a valid representation of the middle aged men I see on the streets (no further comment). So we proceeded to get obsessed, we looked up his Facebook page, and OMG, he’s weirder than weird. Who takes a selfie when they are at a salon getting their hair washed?  You think I’m kidding, check out his FB page!

Any questions?

147 Comments… add one

Danielle July 27, 2014, 5:14 pm

This is a hilarious blog..the comments about the disheveled guy and his long torso, unshaven look…and super midget size..he is not creepy to me, just odd ..I thought he must be some big rich guy owner also..nothing new here..just hilarious

lotty July 27, 2014, 7:57 am

I just knew there had to be a blog or something about the weird Trivago guy. He looks like a struggling alcoholic homeless guy. Why didnt he at least shave his face? The shirt looks like he just rolled out of bed and put it on. Even his voice is creepy. I figured he must be the owner, because who would purposely pick this guy to be the face to represent their company?

Donna Jenkins July 24, 2014, 7:51 pm

I am glad I’m not the only one that thinks his waist is small, long torso. I love gray hair on men but it’s like his head doesn’t fit his body. It’s like Gd was lhoto shopped by someone trying to put all the best features together but it all came out wrong lol!

Mike R July 24, 2014, 2:15 pm

Well, just looked at his facebook page, he looks like a pretty normal happy guy. A lot happier than your average, overweight, middle age guy I see every day.

Don’t understand all the hate going on here.

Tricia July 23, 2014, 9:21 pm

first it was his voice that drove me crazy. Then I started looking at him real closeand then everything about him drove me nuts….He needs a haircut and shave and please for heaven’s sake put a belt on the guy and get something with color on the guy.

julia sheaffer July 23, 2014, 7:21 pm

More than creepy. No class. Doesn’t make you want to visit trivalgo!

Phil Frankland July 23, 2014, 7:05 pm

How do you pronounce “triangle” ? Is it pronounced “gee-angle” ? Why does Trivago allow their name to be announced as Geevago?

Kristin July 23, 2014, 5:35 pm

Uhhhhh….this guy is an actor. The ad agency chose his look, speech etc. He doesn’t even look like this in real life. True, it’s a weird campaign- but it’s working. He got his check and went back to Germany. Lolol

Suzanne July 22, 2014, 11:44 pm

I can’t stand him either!!!! Exactly what the guy before me said: hair, shave, etc. plus you’re right about the weird long torso! His voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me & I will literally change the channel or mute him on sight! The worst!

Steve Sparks July 22, 2014, 8:39 pm

This is funny, I complain about this guy every time the commercial is on! Hair uncombed, no belt, needs a shave, looks like a homeless guy. My wife thinks it’s (What’s in now) Seems I am not the only one who thinks he is out!

suzie July 21, 2014, 5:59 pm

I agree with everyone about this slob! thought I was being a snob about no belt and unshaven!
The company needs to get a rep that isn’t so distracting

Jayne July 21, 2014, 12:19 pm

My husband is middle aged and has a small waist (he’s naturally thin). I think the Trivago guy is HOT! So there (ha ha)

Deb July 20, 2014, 8:31 pm

I thought maybe he was a child actor resurfacing..
My husband mutes the TVwhen that commercial comes on!

rita pritchard July 20, 2014, 1:47 pm

no doubt about it, the comercial is working, you are all talking about trivago, thats what they were hoping for

Shannon July 20, 2014, 11:45 am

And here I thought I was the only one who cringed every time a Trivago commercial came on. Strange torso, no belt… and he looks like he hasn’t bathed and doesn’t smell nice. So funny!

Allyn July 20, 2014, 10:45 am

From the very first time I viewed this commercial I thought this guy was some kind of weird. I finally decided to look him up and found this site….so glad to know that I’m not alone in my thoughts. There is just something off about this guy and it bugs me.

For a previous commenter: we are all talking about this guy, but that doesn’t mean the ad is working. It’s only working if we actually use the service because of the chatter on this guy.

That is all.

Me July 19, 2014, 10:27 pm

This guy is soooo freaking weird looking! I was totally wondering if this was normal middle aged white guy look. I couldn’t make it out everything about him is off. From his speech cadence to his movements just seemed so totally off. His upper torso is way too long for his arms or something…

D Harris July 19, 2014, 8:01 pm

I think he is fascinating

Lisa July 19, 2014, 7:58 pm

Brilliant. I finally googled him this eve bcz i couldnt stand the sight of him but figured there had to be another reason i disliked him so. And while he has been in other stuff, no, i just dislike him from this commercial. No tshrt under the oxford, which is unbuttoned too far; rolled up sloppy sleeves, no belt on his little jeans; and WHAT IS W THAT CREEPY VOICE?? he looks like a lounge lizard. Why would anyone hire this dude to be their tv rep? Hes just gross.

Abby July 19, 2014, 7:50 pm

The first time I saw the commercial, I really thought it was a goof…..he’s like a guy in the 90”s, that showed up to a party and it’s Sunday and you can’t get him to leave your house.. He has DUIs, bad credit and cries when he drinks wine…. I’d never use Trivago

Phillip July 19, 2014, 6:06 pm

It’s hilarious that my wife and I found this site. We had just watched the Trivago commercial for the hundreth time and I finally said, “I gotta look this guy up!” It’s so funny that this guy elicits this reaction, because I can’t honestly say he’s a bad looking guy, but his swagger is just all off. He’s clearly a middle-aged guy, and the whole no-belt, stubble, and throaty voice is just too cheese ball.

juan July 19, 2014, 12:49 pm

If you put wings on him and a bell boy hat he would look like one of the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.
Don’t let him get you Toto !

Jaylee July 19, 2014, 12:45 pm

Haha these comments are great my husband and I just watched the commerxial together and I asked him to turn the channel because I can’t stand this guy.

Abbie July 19, 2014, 12:41 am

oh my gosh! I am happy i’m not alone here. I start yelling every time I see this sloppy creep on my TV!

Karen Eini July 18, 2014, 7:38 pm

This guy is trying to look all cool with the stubble look. He just looks like a slob. Looks like he hasn’t showered. I can’t even focus on what he’s saying because I’m too distracted by why they would want him being the spokesperson. He needs a stylist! Or at very least
A shower!

cynthia July 18, 2014, 4:33 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with these comments. The guy definitely is creepy. The marketing is NOT working. I mute or change the channel every single time. I cannot watch him and I certainly will NOT ever use them because of it! Talking about them doesn’t mean their advertising is working, it just validates all of us who find it too creepy.

Cheri Clark July 17, 2014, 2:46 pm

In your case, the commercial found its audience. As you can see from this website, most women, by far, are repulsed and would never use Trivago after seeing this. Myself, I would never want to sleep anywhere close to where this guy has been. And, if he is a principal at Trivago, DITTO! But, each to their own. That’s what makes the world go round.

Steve July 17, 2014, 1:30 pm

My girl and I were both shocked at what a weirdo he looked like. I think this is just smart marketing by trivago. We subsequently used the site to book our next holiday because he just sticks in people’s heads, no matter the reason. Darn smart if you ask me.

MKW July 16, 2014, 9:30 pm

I work in marketing and advertising, and have often wondered why Trivago picked a guy who looks and sounds like he’s just rolled out of bed after a JD bender which included 100 cigarettes. Too funny, finding this blog post and all the comments. Clearly I am not alone!

Incidentally I did go to Trivago one time to check it out. You cannot search by zip or address, unbelievably. Useless. That was the end of that.

This whole Trivago thing seems like somebody’s Vanity project, and I too wondered if he is an owner.

That’s my 3 cents :-)

Captain Panaka July 15, 2014, 6:02 pm

So funny…I just now saw the newer Trivago Guy commercial. Looks like they saw this blog and all the comments slamming him, because it looks like they gave him a good scrubbing, buttoned up his shirt, and even combed his hair. Noticed they also filmed him from the waist up, so they didn’t have to spend any money on a belt. Haha…too funny!!!

Karen Chapman July 14, 2014, 9:54 pm

OMG! You are spot on! The guy irritates the poo out of me, so much so that I will never use the product he sells. Thanks for the great blog post.

Matilda July 14, 2014, 9:02 pm

We are all talking about the weird scruffy guy, so the advertising is working!

Esme July 14, 2014, 8:40 pm

How can any company rely on such an image is beyond me. I am all for using “natural” or “ordinary” looking people in ads. But this guy looks so tired and dishevelled. Waaaaay too casual for my taste……and messy looking.

Cynthia Jerman July 14, 2014, 3:40 pm

Wow, I thought I was the only one, who felt this way about the Trivago Guy. He looks as though he slept in his clothes. Is this a new marketing ploy?

Katie July 14, 2014, 12:55 pm

I thought I was the only one who found this guy at least vaguely unsettling, at most totally creepy. And there is something off about his accent, as if he is pretending to be American. I don’t like him, and by extension, I don’t like Trivago.

Steph July 13, 2014, 12:19 pm

I just Googled him too — why? because I knew I could not be the only one who finds this guy horrifying. His crumpled gray clothes match his smoker’s gray complexion and gray hangover hair — WHAT were they thinking?! It wouldn’t be so bad except his ad is on EVERY commercial break on EVERY station! He makes me want the Sham-Wow guy back.

Winifred July 11, 2014, 11:13 pm

OMG, so glad most everyone feels like I do. He looks like he just came off a week long bender!

Nana July 11, 2014, 6:09 pm

Oh HELL yes. Both my husband and I think this guy is a deluxe creeper. Pretty bad when both males and females find him offensive.

LynneD July 10, 2014, 11:45 pm

This is what I think happened: on the day of the shoot, the real actor didn’t show up. Desperate, the crew grabbed a homeless man off the street, and found ANY clothes that fit him – which unfortunately was only a shirt and pants that might kindly be described as “color-less”. There was no belt to be found; or perhaps fearing the creepy man, thought it best not to provide him with a belt, lest he spontaneously commit suicide or use it to attack a random crew member. No one could find a disposable razor, for similar reasons, and no one wanted to loan him their comb lest he have cooties, but they hosed him off and it was SHOWTIME on that set.
The End

anthony giarraputo July 10, 2014, 8:18 pm

get the hell over is normal guy what are you wanting all dressed up in airbrushed. look at yourself in the mirror are you perfect the world is imperfect people get over if that’s what’s wrong with society today

Nadine July 10, 2014, 5:33 pm

Maybe he appeals to the demographic they are looking for. No company puts that much money into their advertising without testing the commercial for effectiveness.

matt July 10, 2014, 12:43 am

I totally agree with the majority, this guy is weird and looks like a creeper

Rubie July 9, 2014, 11:28 pm

So glad I’m not the only one. I have a “visceral” reaction to this guy every time I see him on TV. I will literally launch myself across the room to mute or fast forward him to get him the heck off my screen. Not sure that’s what they were aiming for when they made the ad, but he gives off suuuuch a “squinchey” pedo kinda vibe that I just can’t look at him. I’ve only reacted this way to one other person – a guy I worked with. He gave me actual nightmares & other people thought he was the sweetest person in the world. 10 years later, I still 1/2 expect to hear his name on the news.

JAN July 9, 2014, 9:45 pm

I am so glad I am not alone. He looks like he needs a shower and a shave. I cringe every time I see the commercial. He is a little cleaner in the new commercial but he still looks rough. Just a guess but maybe he is a drinker or smoker or both. Even his nails look dirty although they try to blur them I noticed. He looks tired and not very healthy. Is he the owner of the company or the owners nephew maybe??? Who would hire him for any other reason. He looks like an unmade bed (pun intended) I am confused.

Kirsten July 9, 2014, 8:46 pm

Hahaha…..I thought I was the only one thoroughly creeped out. Others called me crazy but I feel vindicated now…..Thank you :)

Cheri Clark July 9, 2014, 2:35 pm

I think it’s fairly obvious that NO “styling” was done in this case. Trivago skipped the usual commercial planning and very casually/naively selected this scruffy dude as their spokesperson. Motel 6 does a much superior commercial to Trivago. Always has.
That is the curiosity of this commercial. No one seems to have done anything in the way of spokesperson preparation. That’s why I’m convinced that he’s an owner who thinks a lot of himself as is. AND they are paying to play it NONSTOP. Someone at Trivago sure likes him.

Kristen July 9, 2014, 1:54 pm

The problem with this guy isn’t him, it’s the WARDROBE people styling him. I’ve been in commercials and they have FULL SAY on what you wear and how you appear. It’s also the fault of Trivago for letting this slide. I can’t stand it every time it comes on. https://twitter.com/KristenCarney/status/486587612790927360

Cheri Clark July 8, 2014, 9:36 pm

NO, NO. I want him to stay on TV and keep turning off the entire US population (except for other bums that find him appealing). Trivago will do great business that way! They certainly are spending GIANT buck to run us in the opposite direction.
That commercial is on every time I look! They’ve got to run out of money soon. Pray.

b hunchen July 8, 2014, 6:54 pm

With that torso, he should go untucked. also, I think that shirt come off the Goodwill rack-cheap cotton..pre-shrunk ?

At least shave and iron that grey rag. Maybe add a belt, to break up that riduculous vertical space!

Alexander July 8, 2014, 9:02 am

His proportions are odd, and better suited for radio, as his torso is that of a taller man and his legs are that of a shorter man. Also when facing the camera straight on he appears to have a curvature of the spine.

Frankie July 8, 2014, 1:03 am

Every time I see this commercial I think what a dirty looking, unkempt person…. he needs a shave, needs to wash and comb his hair, needs to iron his shirt….I can’t bear to look at him. I googled a question about it and up came all these comments! So funny. I won’t be using Trivago.

Phoebe July 7, 2014, 11:45 pm

Even disheveled and bloodshot, he’s sexy and gorgeous! I think the people who are calling him creepy are jealous that they’ll never be so appealing, no matter how much time and money they invest in themselves!

Carol H July 7, 2014, 10:24 am

I am soooooo glad to se the same reaction I have been having for the last month on this commercial!!!! Everyone was laughing at me! I just want to add…have you seen his hands…the finger nails are disgusting and I actually think his hands are dirty!!!

Elaine July 6, 2014, 9:00 pm

He looks like Elane’s handsome,homeless boyfriend from Seinfeld. Seriously. How did any one think this was a good spokesperson: no shave + crappy gap tshirt – 3 top buttons = tvago family member

Lanita July 6, 2014, 8:50 pm

Unfortunately – he is probably laughing all the way to the bank at our comments.

Me July 6, 2014, 2:37 pm

You are ALL crazy! He’s gorgeous!

Victoria July 16, 2014, 7:52 pm

Omg ikr! He is so sexy thats why i looked him up xD

diane english July 6, 2014, 11:33 am

Who thinks to himself ‘I’m gonna do a commercial today so I won’t shave or comb my hair and yeah I’ll put on the clothes I slept in last night and I should be good to go’!

Cheri Clark July 6, 2014, 3:48 pm

You are too funny! Made me laugh!!

Cheri Clark July 5, 2014, 4:34 pm

You are so right. He looks like he had a real ROUGH nite! Don’t let the bedbugs bite!!

Chris July 5, 2014, 2:41 pm

And why can’t he afford a belt? Maybe we should start a campaign to buy a belt for this poor sap. He’s very creepy!

Suz July 5, 2014, 8:47 am

Need to mention that he is advertising hotels but his bloodshot eyes look like he hasn’t slept in a week!

Julia July 4, 2014, 10:21 am

No he is not cool in CA either. We were commenting last night too on how creepy he was. I think he must own the company too. That being said, I went to his website today and am booking a hotel. haha

Elizabeth Verzani July 3, 2014, 10:33 pm

Thank you! My boyfriend thought I was nuts for hating the big headed dirty long torso trivago guy. He literally makes my skin crawl when that commercial comes on. Glad to hear I have company!

Ned July 3, 2014, 4:51 pm

The real issue here is why would a company that has the money for regular national commercials create/use a weird, disheveled spokesperson? Don’t blame Tim Williams. He seems to look ‘normal’ enough for a musician / actor on his Facebook page. Trivago has decided for some bizarre advertising reason to use him and dress him awkwardly in their horribly designed commercials. And i suspect it’s probably to get a lot of people to comment about him on sites like this and thereby increase the instances of their name being used.

James mcisaac July 3, 2014, 3:39 pm

This guy is getting on my nerves can’t they afford a actress some that’s easy on the eyes unlike this jerk what I do is PVR the shows a skip through it

Cheri Clark July 3, 2014, 12:01 am

You appear to overlook the fact that he’s a PAID SPOKESPERSON who is representing an international company on TV. What company picks a guy who looks like this to represent them globally????????? That is the VERY ODD aspect of this commercial. My God woman, he didn’t even bother to shave or iron his shirt. The whole thing is EXTREMELY STRANGE. I’m in advertising/marketing myself and I’m baffled by this slob getting this job. It’s unexplainable!
All I can figure is he owns the company. Who else would let him appear looking like that?

Sandy July 2, 2014, 11:07 pm

I’m so happy I’m not the only one with this opinion.

Joe July 2, 2014, 8:19 pm

Ladies,
I certainly understand why you feel he’s creepy (disheveled, weird-fitting clothes etc), BUT may I suggest this: turn it around — do you like men to judge you by your appearance or clothing?

Traci July 2, 2014, 9:12 am

Ha, while I don’t wish to judge someone based on their looks, and I realize he can’t help his body shape, (we all have flaws) the fact remains that he is majorly creepy!!! To me he looks like a big time smoker and drinker, grayish skin, dressed weird (those pants draw attention to his extremely small waist, which is unnaturally thin, and please button another button!), very disheveled, needs a haircut, etc. He might be an extremely nice person, so I feel bad about this, but…I definitely mute the sound whenever he appears, and glad I’m not the only one who feels like this! :(

Ken July 3, 2014, 8:12 pm

He is on every program and every channel…I mute or fast forward when the slug pops up. Also would not use Trivago for any search. I really hate this commercial.

Susan Muncy July 1, 2014, 5:18 pm

Yeah the Trivago guy is an incredibly poor choice of actors for that commercial – glad I’m not the only one who feels that way. I think it’s someone’s dumb idea that backfired: make a really awful commercial that makes people talk and one they won’t forget and they’ll use your site. WRONG. Never have and not gonna.

Scott July 1, 2014, 9:17 am

The thing that is scary about advertising today, is that a group of people looked at the ads and approved them. Who the heck are they advertising too? I bet he is cool in CA and WA

Cheri Clark July 2, 2014, 11:13 am

NO. He’s NOT cool anywhere.

Cheri Clark June 30, 2014, 10:48 pm

Would be afraid to book thru Trivago!
He makes it look very shady.

Queenie June 30, 2014, 10:03 pm

Thank you! I think the guy looks like he would rob your house while you are on your trip booked through Trivago!

Sonja June 30, 2014, 8:35 pm

He LOOKS this,he LOOKS like …Anyone who writes any negative or creepy stuff based on you guys’s assumption…I bet I could point out just the same about you guys or even more but you guys don’t have the nerve to show your faces. It’s easy to judge someone from behind a computer. Look around in your family,you probably have there what you point out in him. Try to see the good for just one day or just for one hour, you might not find yourselves this sour.Shame on you:(

Stash July 6, 2014, 10:11 am

Actually I am told I look like this guy. Middle aged trim and slim with all my hair. What’s wrong with this? There are people in this world who chose to be trim/slim as opposed to be in the norm of fat and obese, please no pun intended. If someone wants to be trim let them, and all the negative comments about this guy weight wise is from an obese person. You will NEVER hear a slim person saying to another slim person that they are too thin.

Zeit Geist June 30, 2014, 7:04 pm

Should be Winnebago instead of Trivago

hah June 29, 2014, 3:25 am

He kind of has that wasted elegant look that Keith Richards had.

Catherine June 28, 2014, 1:32 pm

100% agree!

Ann June 27, 2014, 11:01 pm

glad some1 else noticed the high shoulder, for that it is only suggested he get to a chiropractor. after looking at his fingernails onscreen, nothing unusual was noticed. the long torso is caused most likely an extra vertebra in the spine which is something to blame on genetics, not the person himself. no belt with jeans with obvious beltloops is a fashion faux pas for sure and I agree with most observations on this. if the jeans have no beltloops, then of course no belt is fine so get over yourselves. I can see how this would be filmed for a European company, as Europeans tend to not be as concerned with superficiality and appearances before being concerned with the person. Apologies for the snafus with the typing in this textbox. Was not able to arrow back or up to make corrections.

Daniella June 27, 2014, 1:20 am

My question is..WHO is the targeted audience Trivago was going for??! This guy looks like he sleeps in his Van down by the river!

Bee June 25, 2014, 7:44 pm

I thought I was the only one who thought he was creepy and weird. I have to turn the channel when this guy comes on

frank June 25, 2014, 4:11 pm

He looks like my sisters unemployed, liar, artist, unpublished poet, deadbeat, freeloader ex boyfriend. Was only a matter of time before he “tricked” someone else….

Rosanne June 25, 2014, 10:22 am

Ok, I googled the trviago guy and your post came up. I am SO weirded out by him. He looks like a terrible smelling bum who might accost you in the supermarket parking lot begging for a quarter.

Emma June 24, 2014, 3:23 pm

The new commercials are so much better! You look great Trivago guy!

Larry Knisley June 22, 2014, 2:44 pm

I figured he had to own this company or at least have controlling interest in it. Why else would a company allow someone like this to represent their company.

eloramac June 21, 2014, 7:22 pm

Really? Women have been judged by their looks forever. If you don’t like someone then don’t likec them and leave it at that. Keep the petty, insignificant stuff to yourself.

Gayle June 21, 2014, 6:19 pm

He is crooked. One shoulder is 5-6 inches lower than the other. I noticed it the first time I watched it. It is all I can see!

Kris June 20, 2014, 4:08 pm

Wow! Such haters! And from women who are always upset by being judged by our waistlines! I
googled him because I thought he was rather interesting and I was sure I’d seen him before.

David June 20, 2014, 8:01 am

What do you guy’s think about a Trivago vs. Maytag Man battle to the death! Go Maytag Man!

janice July 1, 2014, 6:43 pm

Leave this guy alone. He’s just making a living like you and me. If your going to be upset at the way he looks, be upset about who hired him and why. He’s getting our attention, isn’t he?

Didi June 19, 2014, 4:07 pm

Well, it seems that he had the worst night at the hotel he found trhought his own site…:( I will never select a hotel using trivago

Jr June 16, 2014, 8:43 pm

AAAHHHH I agree with everyone else who can’t stand this guy…his looks right down to his voice and actions. Get this guy off…I will not use the site till I no longer see the sight of him!!!!!

Amy June 14, 2014, 11:31 am

Tee hee….I found this page after googling him because I think he’s sexy. LOL! Am I the only one?

Ritta June 20, 2014, 2:03 pm

Nope. I googled him because I thought he was hot too. No shame~

JEFF June 14, 2014, 8:54 am

I have a long torso and I’m proud of it. I’d love to see what you to beauty queens look like.

Edith June 14, 2014, 8:30 am

I can’t stand that guy to the point where I had o google it and here I am laughing my butt off reading all these comments. Thank god I’m not the only one. I would always ask my husband. Why on earth would they have a sweaty, dirty, hungover looking guy doing a national TV commercial. I feel dirty just looking at him. Why!?

Bryan June 14, 2014, 5:50 am

I just found these comments on this guy. I swear I’ve been saying from the beginning that there is something very creepy about this guy.

lee June 12, 2014, 2:06 am

While he might not be the best specimen,
it is nice to see an American male with a waist size smaller that 60″.

Brian June 11, 2014, 2:47 pm

Ironic how a homeless looking person is a spokesman for an upscale hotel booking site.

Heather June 9, 2014, 10:13 pm

He looks like a middle-aged swinger trying desperately to hit on every female in a bar.

Tahir Din June 8, 2014, 12:37 am

It is very strange how no one on the staging of this ad noted how this guy looks or appears, missing belt, rough around every possible edge, belt missing – maybe this is the kind of clientele that Trivago wish to attract. I am a male in my 50s and even i would not go near him!
Tahir Din recently posted..Pets and Pool Safety.My Profile

K June 7, 2014, 8:26 pm

Ha I googled him because I thought he was quite sexy in a daniel Craig rough kind of way… Guess I need to have a better look at his fingernails lol

Elayne June 7, 2014, 11:53 am

So glad to find page. Not only is he tiny and unkempt, his fingernails are so dirty that I change channels every time I see the commercial. Which is not what I think the advertiser’s intent was.

Lisa June 6, 2014, 12:46 pm

LOL! I am so glad to read this!!! Everytime he comes on I tell my husband “Why can’t he button his shirt? What is wrong with this guy? Can’t he iron his clothes?”. I always thought it was just me. It seems like he is selling $25 motels.

Ashley June 5, 2014, 3:45 am

OMG , I just saw the trivago commercial and I swear ,
I just had enough of his bum like ways.
Looking like a hot mess!
How could producers , anyone on the stage not comment
on his bum like ways!
OMG , all I can do is laugh because I’m not the only one

Susan Toner June 3, 2014, 3:13 pm

he is kind of attractive, but very unkempt looking. Looks like he is fit though and cleans up well. You would think the Trivago people in their wisdom, would get a more cleaner looking guy, for sure.

Taz Mann June 3, 2014, 11:10 am

I am not even a mother or a woman but the guy looks like he did not have a shower for a month using the same shirt and pants he slept in for weeks and appeared on video. He is so dirty like he rolled in oil. This must be a gimmick to annoy people to remember trivago, “forget about it”.

Ashley June 5, 2014, 3:48 am

Omg, LOL

Trivago Man Scares Me Less as of 6/2/14! June 2, 2014, 10:55 pm

LOL! Mr. Trivago has defintely cleaned up his act! Just saw the new ad. Less creepy! Tailored suit and shave a plus! :) Cool site Karen!

Nancy June 2, 2014, 5:46 pm

I wonder if anyone has seen the new commercials with the guy in a suit! He looks considerably better, I think.

Bill June 1, 2014, 10:36 pm

I am a 51 year old guy and I have to say after seeing the commercial a few times He definitely has a creeper feel about him. He also seems like he is trying come across as being cool which is bad.

mak June 1, 2014, 9:27 pm

WOW !!! How sad the comments on here.
Check out who he is

sabine May 30, 2014, 6:02 pm

Omg……this is soooo funny.
I keep thinking “this guy’s torso is freakishly long”, come to find out, i am not alone in this. Lol.
He also needs a shower, haircut and shave. Wth

Val May 30, 2014, 6:00 pm

I think he’s cute. Don’t know what all the stink is about. So, he isn’t clean shaven, so what? No belt. So what? Very handsome in my opinion, just casual and did I say cute?

Dusti Perdue May 30, 2014, 1:31 pm

My daughter and I can’t stand this guy. He looks like he could be homeless!! You have cracked me up and I just can’t believe someone else feels the same way we do!!!! Lol

Imelda P. May 30, 2014, 9:46 am

I can’t believe this!!! Other people think he is creepy as well!!! He reminds me of my friend’s loser, unemployed, gigalo, ‘artist’, loser boyfriend!!!! And did I say ‘loser’ with B.O.?

Margi B May 30, 2014, 8:51 am

In one of the commercials he is looking up as if he is looking at what is scrolling across the top of the screen but there is nothing there – it is scrolling along the bottom instead – it looks really stupid and poorly made

Nina May 29, 2014, 10:40 am

OMG I am laughing hysterically at everything everyone has posted. So glad I googled “trivago guy” after seeing the commercial AGAIN just now. I ditto what everyone has said with special attention to his long torso, gross teeth, shirt, jeans with no belt, weird way he uses his hands and what a ridiculous choice for a spokesperson. Thanks for the laughs people!

Phil May 11, 2014, 8:55 pm

This guy is a complete turd. He can’t even pronounce the name of the company. He should probably take a shower too.

john salerno May 11, 2014, 12:50 am

this guy is great. I’ll never forget the name trivago. Don’t listen to these women. There is something about him that keeps you watching the commercial.

Marie Schwartz May 9, 2014, 8:57 pm

OMG! From the first time I saw this commercial, I told my husband I would never use Trivago because this guy was so ” unkempt ” messy hair, messy clothes , bad teeth, everything that has been stated before me. So glad it’s not just me.

Bob May 9, 2014, 3:57 pm

I don’t want to feed his need for attention that
could throw him into an alcoholic bar stool grind
that could result in his forgetting who he steals his clothes from and which box to check at the
unemployment office. Good luck Captain Tim.
We’ll leave a light on for you.

Sharon May 9, 2014, 9:22 am

Is he computer generated?

Jamie verre May 8, 2014, 6:52 pm

Super creepy. Big giant head, long torso, short legs, heavy smoker.

Susie ries May 8, 2014, 1:19 pm

Oh my daughters And I have always shrieked over this guy. Diets messy sloppy. And that long torso everyone mentioned! And the saggy baggy pants and his i ironed shirt! What were they thinking?? How does one find him on Facebook? Honestly I assumed he owned trivago because why would they hire him? I am soooo glad others noticed!!!!

Trivago Man Scares Me! May 6, 2014, 2:17 pm

Finally took to Google this morning looking for anything on the “Trivago Ad Guy.” So happy I found your site Mommies in Orbit. Everyone’s comments perfectly describe what I’ve been thinking, HE IS HIDEOUS!! Great laughs!

Todd April 25, 2014, 10:46 pm

I showed this commercial to my lady and we both agreed with everything being said. Crazy part is that we agreed before reading any of these comments. I’m not going to repeat something that has already been said so instead, check out the way he walks off camera view at the end of the commercial. Like, “yeah, I killed it”. No sir, all you killed was my interest in Trivago. Thanks!!
Todd recently posted..A Fit Pet Is A Happy Pet, Weight Loss Success with #HillsPetMy Profile

Take a Shower April 23, 2014, 11:42 pm

Trivago in Spanish would translate as Three Bum. How fitting is that for a company that would actually cast this Bum? I mean they spend millions on air. Can’t they pay a well known celebrity or at least cast a guy that’s taken a shower in the last 30 days? He really does looks like a sex tourist that just got back from a hard week in Bangkok.

Tommy April 23, 2014, 11:32 pm

I’m with you I can’t take it anymore

Cheryl Kunzelman April 23, 2014, 3:45 pm

Ewww he grosses me out! Ever heard of a belt, a razor and clothes that fit? Not to mention he looks like a perpetrator!

Fred March 30, 2014, 8:22 am

I thought it was just me. The very first time I saw this oddball in the TV ad, my Scooby sense caused the hair to stand on end on the back of my neck.

Thanks for letting me know others have the same qualms about him.

Elena Louvros March 26, 2014, 12:00 pm

Oh my, I just died laughing reading your post! “Mortified by the mere sight of this guy!”
YES! He’s disgusting. His voice, It’s like he just smoked a pack of Marlboro Reds . His weirdly long torso, unbelted dirty jeans, the stupid way he uses his hand to demonstrate the website. Ugh, all of t. What a gross man.

Tonya March 25, 2014, 4:34 pm

Thank God! I tried to tell to my husband about this guy and he looked at me like I was crazy, good to know I am not the only one thinking this every time I see this commercial

Mommies In Orbit March 25, 2014, 7:18 pm

I know right, he’s a mess, needs to clean up his act!!

Kelly Kerr March 24, 2014, 12:19 am

I thought it was just me! There is something disheveled about this dude, he seems unwashed.

Mommies In Orbit March 24, 2014, 1:35 am

Yep, he needs a makeover!

mmb453 March 21, 2014, 3:05 pm

Trivago commerical had me shaking my head too. He looks like he woke up 10 min before having to be at the studio. Looks like he scoop his clothes off the floor and jumped into them and ran. No time to comb hair or shave. Maybe Trivago was going for that everyday guy with down to earth appeal. However, it looks like this guy was DOWN in the EARTH the night before.

Mommies In Orbit March 21, 2014, 3:46 pm

Yep, I think you pegged it perfectly!!

Malinda March 20, 2014, 10:10 pm

I hate this commercial he’s got bad teeth,dirty hands,needs to shave and his clothes are horrible!!i thought it was only me!!!

Mommies In Orbit March 21, 2014, 3:44 pm

Ha,ha looks like he needs to clean up his act!

HeatherAnnastasia March 17, 2014, 3:35 pm

OMG. I’m glad I’m not the only person so annoyed by this guy (well other than my whole family). The commercial is so long, and it’s on so often! He has the clothes and mannerisms of a 16-year-old boy, but I’m honestly not sure why he is SO aggravating.
HeatherAnnastasia recently posted..Cowboys and Indians and Cops and RobbersMy Profile

Kate March 16, 2014, 7:55 pm

He creeps me out, too! I suspected he was the founder of the site and they used him to save money instead of hiring an actor for the commercial. He is obviously a smoker. You can see how dirty his fingers/hands are when he demonstrates the swipes on the site. Ew! For me he is reason not to use Trivago.

Debbie McCormick March 12, 2014, 10:34 am

Ok, admitting to living under a rock because I have no idea who Trivago guy is. A selfie at the salon? hahaha too funny.

Mommies In Orbit March 12, 2014, 8:31 pm

Hey Debbie, he’s really a trip, check him out!