Remember the video of Sweet Brown who escaped an apartment fire and her words practically became a household phrase? My kids introduced me to this via YouTube. It’s a catchy little tune, and after hearing it a few hundred times on my kid’s iPods, I came up with a list of things that I ain’t got time for!
- You’re feeling the heat from your kids going through one of their many preteen solar flares and then when they finally settle down you ask, “What’s wrong?” They reply with “NOTHING!!!!” Ain’t nobody got time for that, BS!
- Waiting in line for the customer ahead of me to scroll through her phone looking for coupons that might save her 10 cents while backing up the line around the bend, to that I say, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
- Spending too much time in the kitchen preparing a moderately healthy dinner and when it’s ready calling to the kids, “Time to eat!” to which I hear no response, and to which I say to myself, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
- Sitting in the pick up car lane at school, and patiently waiting for the person
in front of me to get the heck off the phone and put that car in gear so the rest of us can gather up our kids, and by then I am ready to shout out the window, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
- When you finally have the time to sit down and the phone rings, you jump up to answer it, thinking, “Oh I hope it’s not the school nurse!” and it’s a robot with a recorded message about something stupid and you shout out, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
- If you’re crazy about astronomy and you haul out the telescope, get it all set up to view Jupiter and it’s moons, and in rolls a huge cloud cover, you shout loudly to the universe, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
Please feel free to email me your ideas about what you don’t have time for, and I’d be happy to post them!